Short Comic Story Writing Competition
The main aim of the competition is to create awareness about Polar Regions and enhance the curiosity to learn more about them. This competition will provide an open platform where you can either highlight more about the Polar Regions or address climate or environment related issues in the Polar Regions.
Who can participate?
1. Category 1: Young Artist (Class 8th to 12th)
2. Category 2: Above 18 years
Theme: Polar Regions
You can select any one or more aspects of Polar Regions to frame your story line. For example polar biodiversity/ landscape/ glaciers/crevasse/ auroras/blizzards, climate change, global warming, pollution, etc-these are just suggestive themes and you are free to choose your own). Participants are requested to avoid factual errors in the stories however they can be creative and imaginary as well..
Best 03 stories ( & 02 Consolation) in each category will be awarded. Best 100 stories will be published (online) as a part of the Polar Comic Series. Winners will be announced on Antarctica Day (Dec.1, 2021) through NCPOR social media (Facebook and Twitter).
1st Prize- Rs. 2500/-
2nd Prize- Rs. 2000/-
3rd Prize- Rs. 1500/-
02 Consolation Prizes- Rs. 500/- each
Last Date of submission : 15th November, 2021 (17:30 Hrs)
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION IN SHORT COMIC STORY WRITING COMPETITION
1. Participants can submit their short comic story up to 08 pages (single side) or 04 pages (double-sided) on vertical A4 size Potrait paper (210 X 297 mm) format. Participants can use any tool for making cartoons (colors/ pencil or digital). In the case of digital cartoons, the platform utilised for creating cartoons must be mentioned. The text in the story should be legible. The scanned copy of the short comic story (less than 5 MB) should be submitted through NCPOR website. (Authors of the selected stories may be contacted later for high-resolution illustrations or stories).
2. Criteria for Judging:
The Jury will select the best short comic story in each category based on the following elements of artistic expression:
Creativity and original ideas
A clear message
Quality of the comic
3. Only stories related to Polar Regions (Antarctic and Arctic- for this competition) will be considered for the award.
4. Fan-fiction / copying of character or story-line from any other published work will make the entry liable to disqualify for the competition
5. A comic story by a maximum of two authors can be accepted. The category for such entry will be considered a single entry. It will be considered under the age category of the older author. Stories with more than two authors shall not be accepted.
6. Once selected for publication in the Polar Comic Series of NCPOR, the submitted stories shall be under the copyright of NCPOR, Goa. The author cannot publish (online/offline) the same work in any other form like text (with or without cartoon)/ in newspaper or magazine/ book etc.
7. Any Indian national from MoES, NCPOR employees and their family members or outside can participate in the competition.
8. By participating in this competition, a participant represents and warrants that all the submissions are their original works and no copyright and/or trademark and/or other intellectual property rights have been violated by such submission.
9. Each participant is permitted to submit only one entry.
10. NCPOR is also organizing Painting competition. You are free to participate in both or any one. However, the same participants will not be awarded in both the competitions.
11. The winner of the competition will be announced through NCPOR social media..
12. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the competition rules and warrants that his/her entry complies with all requirements set out in the rules.
13. The decision of Jury Panel and Organizer shall be final and binding on the participants with regards to the interpretation of these rules and regulations.